Skip to navigation
A Fellow Immigrant on Your Side Trust Me to Lead You Forward SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION

Family/Marriage-Based Immigration Attorney in New York City

Under the Immigration and Nationality Act, U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents (green card holders) can bring certain family members or relatives to the United States. At Ramini Immigration Law Firm, I offer legal counsel backed by personal experience with the U.S. immigration process. Discover how I can guide you through the family sponsorship application and the process of obtaining green cards for your family member.

As an immigrant myself, I am passionate about reuniting people with their loved ones. If you’re an American citizen trying to obtain a visa (green card) for a family member, reach out to my office in New York City to learn more about your legal options. I'm also able to advise clients in Lancaster and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, as well as Newark, New Jersey.

Put Your Future in Capable Hands

Types of Family-Based Visas

There are two options for family-based visas: immediate relative visas and family preference visas.

Immediate Relative Visas

If you are the spouse, parent, or unmarried child (less than 21 years old) of a U.S. citizen, you may be eligible for an immediate relative visa. It's important to note that lawful permanent residents (LPRs) of the U.S. cannot file immigration petitions for their spouses or unmarried children.

Family Preference Visas

These immigration visas are reserved for those with more distant family relationships to American citizens and LPRs. The U.S. limits the number of family preference visas granted each year, so be sure to consult an attorney if you think you or your relative may be eligible.

Why Work with Me?

When you're navigating an industry as overwhelming as U.S. immigration, you deserve an attorney with the experience to back up their advice. At Ramini Immigration Law Firm, I've been through the process myself. I bring my firsthand understanding of its rules and regulations to each case I represent, and I'm ready to use what I've learned to advise you on a path forward.

Contact me today at my office in New York City. Together, we can work toward a brighter future for you and your family as you seek a life in the United States.